Austria's contribution to a global green recovery
Society and the economy are suffering from the consequences of the corona crisis worldwide. Emerging and developing countries in particular are feeling the economic slump particularly drastically. Because, unlike in Europe, there is mostly a lack of social security systems and state aid for companies in the face of lockdowns, demand shocks and disrupted value chains. At the same time, advancing climate change makes it necessary to reduce CO2 emissions to a large extent. The challenges for emerging and developing countries are once again considerable: in the form of the costs of adapting to the consequences of climate change and in terms of creating climate-friendly prosperity for growing populations.
- What can a green recovery actually look like in emerging and developing countries?
- What are the opportunities for Austrian companies?
- To what extent do Austrian companies need to rethink their established competitive advantages for a global green upswing?
- How can climate neutrality be made compatible with increased added value in emerging and developing countries?
- What impulses can Austria provide for global, climate-friendly economic growth?
Program of the corporAID conference
Tuesday, January 26th, 2021
09:00 AM WELCOME
Bernhard Weber | Managing Director ICEP
09:15 KEYNOTE 1 Global Green Recovery:
Green transformation as a way to create new value
Tilman Altenburg | Head of Research Department Sustainable Economic and Social Development, German Development Institute
09:30 KEYNOTE 2 Global Green Recovery:
Business action for transformative change
Birgit Haberl-Arkhurst | Expert in sustainability and climate, PwC Austria
09:45 break (15 minutes)
10:00 PANEL DISCUSSION
Austrian perspectives on 'Global Green Recovery'
- Tilman Altenburg | Head of the Research Department Sustainable Economic and Social Development, German Development Institute
- Birgit Haberl-Arkhurst | Expert for sustainability and climate, PwC Austria
- Karl-Heinz Leitner | Senior Scientist, Center for Innovation Systems & Policy Austrian Institute of Technology
- Heinz Leitner | Managing Director, Komptech
11:30 am BREAK (30 minutes)
12:00 2 PARALLEL WORKSHOPS
Challenges and Opportunities of Global Green Recovery
Entry into green markets
Wolfgang Diernhofer | Head of Department, KPC
Michael Zimmermann | Project manager go-international, WKÖ
A climate neutral future
Constantin Saleta | Senior Consultant, Denkstatt
Linda Staib | Corporate Sustainability Manager, ALPLA
13:30 END of day 1
Wednesday, January 27, 2021
09:00 ECONOMY & DEVELOPMENT DIALOGUE
The upcoming challenges of the 'New Normal'
- Sabine Gaber | Board member, OeEB
- Michael Otter | Head of Foreign Trade Austria, WKÖ
- Jürgen Schneider | Head of Section VI, BMK
- Desiree Schweitzer | Head of Section VII, BMEIA
Moderation: Bernhard Weber | Managing Director, ICEP
10:30 BREAK (30 minutes)
11:00 GREEN-RECOVERY-CHALLENGE: Part 1 (in English)
Edith Mychalewicz | Economy and Development, ADA