- This event has already taken place.
Webinar: Solar E-waste Management Innovations in Sub-Saharan Africa | EEP Africa
26. May 2020, 15: 30 - 16:30
The global market for off-grid solar technologies is growing rapidly. Investments in e-waste management are needed now to ensure that the sector grows sustainably and remains a leader in environmental responsibility. Off-grid industry leaders are exploring e-waste management solutions, such as product repair initiatives and preventative maintenance, as well as the role of waste reduction in the initial product design stage.
The Solar E-Waste Challenge has awarded funds to 12 companies in sub-Saharan Africa for the research and development of sustainable e-waste management solutions in the areas of: take back, collection and incentives; recycling and product design for recyclability; battery technology and second life initiatives and product design for life extension; product repair, refurbishment and repurposing.
Participants can expect to learn about initiatives that:
• Streamline and integrate take-back & collection into company business models
• Facilitate product refurbishment, reuse, or repurposing
• Create partnerships with the informal sector
• Enhance consumer awareness around proper e-waste disposal
• Develop second-life battery initiatives
• Extend product and / or component lifespan; and
• Enhance product reparability and recyclability
Webinar speakers include specialists from EEP Africa, CLASP and GOGLA.
More information and registration - here!